Workday is an ownership platform. You can use Workday to drive insights into values such as:
- Team membership
You'll first need to create a Cortex ownership report, and have a user with basic authentication to be able to access this report. The report needs to contain at minimum the following five fields (case sensitive):
- email: Email address for employee. Use the same address that employees will use to access Cortex.
- employeeId: Unique ID for employee.
- firstName: Employee first name. This will be displayed in Cortex.
- lastName: Employee last name. This will be displayed in Cortex.
- employeeRole: Employee role. This will be displayed in Cortex. (Optional)
- teamName: Team name for employee. This field is what we use to group employees into teams in Cortex.
- teamDisplayName: Display name for the team. This will be used for the title and the tag for any teams imported from Workday at time of import. If not included teamName will be used. This should be the same across all employees on the same team. (Optional)
- manager: Manager name. (Optional)
- managerEmail: Manager email. This field is what we use to create the hierarchy for teams in Cortex. If you don't want to auto-import teams and the hierarchy from Workday, you can omit this field from the report.
If we locate an employee with the same email as the
managerEmail, that employee will be added to the team with a "Manager" role.
Once you have the report URL and the username and password for a user with access to the report, add it under Settings → Workday.
If you want to auto-import teams and the hierarchy, you'll want to enable auto import in the Teams tab in Settings → Entities.
We sync teams from the report every day at 9 am UTC.
If you need to sync teams manually, you can do so by clicking the "Sync teams" button in the Create Team page in Catalog → Teams. Doing so will not auto-import any teams.
If you do not see the Settings page you're looking for in the sidebar, you likely don't have the proper permissions and need to contact your admin.
Cortex can pull team memberships from Workday teams.
The team name is case-sensitive and should be exactly the same as in the report's teamName field.
- type: group
name: Engineering # teamName provided in the report
description: This is a description for this owner # optional