Workday is an ownership platform. You can use Workday to drive insights into values such as:
- Team membership
You'll first need to create a Cortex ownership report, and have a user with basic authentication to be able to access this report. The report needs to contain at minimum the following five fields (case sensitive):
- email: Email address for employee. Use the same address that employees will use to access Cortex.
- employeeId: Unique ID for employee.
- firstName: Employee first name. This will be displayed in Cortex.
- lastName: Employee last name. This will be displayed in Cortex.
- teamName: Team name for employee. This field is what we use to create teams in Cortex so make sure it is the same for employees on the same team.
Once you have the report URL and the username and password for a user with access to the report, add it under Settings → Workday.
If you do not see the Settings page you're looking for in the sidebar, you likely don't have the proper permissions and need to contact your admin.
Cortex can pull team memberships from Workday teams.
The team name is case-sensitive and should be exactly the same as in the report's teamName field.
- type: group
name: Engineering # teamName provided in the report
description: This is a description for this owner # optional